A diagnosis of Alzheimer’s and other dementia diseases brings new challenges and concerns for not only the patient but also the caregivers. There are over 10 million people in the United States who care for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease. Most of the time, the challenge of the family caregiver is trying to juggle working full time, raise their own kids and care for their elderly family members. Areas of their life such as marriage, career and family will feel the stress. Often caregivers themselves are stressed out and will take their stress out on their family.
In home care for patients with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia are available and can be quite beneficial to both the family members/caregivers and the patients.
Benefits of having the patient remain at home include:
- Allowing the patient to have their independence for as long as possible with personalized care.
- Providing respite care or free time for family members/caregivers.
- Safety is ensured when at home or doing outside activities.
- In home care aids can assist the senior with daily tasks and remind them how do to them such as getting dressed and bathing along with cooking meals and housework.
- In home care can provide transportation for the patients to and from appointments, giving family members some free time and peace of mind.
- Companionship with outdoor walks, friendly conversations, and trips out for shopping or to the parks is also a big benefit of in home care.
- In home care can be more affordable than the cost of a residential facility.
The biggest benefit to home care is the feeling of independence that patients maintain and would probably not have, if they were in a residential facility.
Finding the right kind of treatment for patients can be a difficult and frustrating situation. It can be exhausting for the family members to provide most or all of the care and that is why in home care plays such an important role in the well-being of Alzheimer’s and dementia patients. It is important to discuss any and all concerns with the patient’s doctors and also to survey and interview potential in home care companies so that you have the assurance you need to create the future plans that is best for your loved one.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care is proud to be a top rated in home care provider. Our clients are our family and we treat everyone with compassion and caring! Contact us today to see how we can help you and your loved ones. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 203-520-0116